PedActa has the mission to publish scientific papers on empirical or theoretical research outcomes as well as original essays in Educational Sciences and related fields.
All the articles are peer-reviewed. The review process has the following steps:
- The editorial board checks the article if the topic is adequate for the journal and if the paper satisfies the structure and formatting criteria described below. If the article is not suitable for the journal or if it is not written according to the journal’s requirements, it is rejected.
- The articles accepted by the editorial board are sent to two referees.
o If both of the referees reject the article, it is rejected by the journal.
o If only one of the referees rejects the article, it is send to a third referee. If the third referee is also rejects the article, it is rejected.
- If the referees accept the article with revisions, their comments are sent to the author, who has to correct the article taking in consideration these comments.
- The corrected article is sent back to the referees, who decide, if the article is accepted for publication.
- The editorial board decide, based on the referees’ opinion, if the article is published or not.
Read this, before submitting and article! Articles submitted to PedActa should not be under consideration by any other journal, or have been published elsewhere. The author is responsible for the content, language, originality of the article. Also the author should deal with any copyright issue related with the text and figures from the submitted article. The text of the e-mail, when submitting an article, should contain the following paragraph: “The article is the original work of the author(s), it is not under consideration by any other journal and it hasn’t been published elsewhere.”
The articles must be written in English or Hungarian, have an abstract in English, keywords in English (please, choose the keywords carefully). If the article is written in Hungarian it should have the title also in English. If the article is in Didactics of Mathematics or Didactics of Computer Science, it also should contain the appropriate code from 2010 Mathematics subject classification.
The manuscript must be typed in Word, using the style of the journal. This
file can be downloaded from here: style file. In
exceptional cases we accept also articles typed in Latex (not
The preferred length of an article is between 5-15 pages. In special cases we admit longer articles, too.
The responsibility for the language correctness is belonging to the author, so referees will not do language corrections, but could suggest language check or reject an article based on incorrect language or unclearness of communication.
Read this, when you get the evaluation of the referees! When the author resending the modified article, he/she should attach a letter to each referee which suggested modifications, in which to answer to all the comments of the referee (ex. if the referee says, that one idea should be confirmed by references, the answer would be something like “I have added references  and  to confirm this idea” or “This is an original idea, and it is proved by the experiment ... “ If the corrected article is not accompanied by a letter to each referee, which suggested modifications, it will be rejected.
Please, send the articles to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org